Banco Comercial Português, with its decision centre in Portugal, operates and acts with respect for people and institutions, focusing on the Customer, pursuing a mission of excellence, trust, ethics and responsibility, and is a distinguished leader in various financial business areas in the Portuguese market and a reference institution on an international level.
The Group provides a wide variety of banking services and financial activities in Portugal and abroad, where it is present in the following markets: Poland, Switzerland, Mozambique, Angola (through its associate BMA) and China. All its banking operations develop their activity under the Millennium brand. The Group has also been present in Asia since 1993, but it was only in 2010 that the activity of the existing Macao branch was expanded, through the attribution of a full license (onshore) aimed at establishing an international platform for business operations between Europe, China and Portuguese-speaking African countries.
In Portugal, Millennium bcp is focused on the retail and companies markets, providing services to its Customers in a segmented manner. The subsidiary companies generally provide their products through the Bank's distribution networks, offering a wide range of products and services.
Millennium bcp is Portugal's largest private sector banking institution, with a leading position and particular strength in various financial products, services and market segments, based on a modern branch network with good domestic coverage.
The domestic activity focuses on Retail Banking, which is segmented in order to best serve Customer interests, both through a value proposition based on innovation and speed targeted at Mass-Market Customers, and through the innovation and personalised management of service for Private, Prestige, Business Customers, Companies, Corporates and Large Corporates. Retail Banking also operates through Activobank, a bank aimed specifically at Customers who are young in spirit, intensive users of new communication technologies and prefer a banking relationship based on simplicity and offering innovative products and services.
The bank also offers remote banking channels (banking service by telephone and online), which operate as distribution points for its financial products and services.
At the end of June 2021, the bank had 458 branches in Portugal (including one branch in Macao), serving over 2.4 million Customers, with particular emphasis on the expansion of the mobile Customer base: a 25% increase year-on-year, to 1.1 million Customers.
At the group level the bank has 1,334 branches, and serves more than 5.9 million Customers, also with strong growth in mobile to around 3.2 million customers, a 22% increase year-on-year.
BCP's stock is listed on more than 50 domestic and international stock exchange indexes, including the Euronext 150, the PSI 20 and the PSI Geral Index.
Main awards received
- Consumer Choice 2021, "Large banks" category
- Main bank for companies; most appropriate products; most efficient; Best to Companies (Data E - Barómetro Financeiro 2021)
- Leader of the 1st edition of the "Inovadora COTEC" program
- Part of Europe's Climate Leaders 2021 ranking by Financial Times
- Euronext Lisboa – Awards Book Runner Equity and Local market in Equity
- Best FX Provider 2021 in Portugal according to Global Finance
- Best Digital bank 2020 in Portugal according to Global Finance
- Best Information Security and Fraud Management in Western Europe 2020, according to Global Finance
- Best Digital Bank and Best Bank for Companies (1semester 2021) from Brandscore
- "PME Líder '20" programme: largest number of awards among participating banks (3rd year in a row)
- Consumer's Choice 2021 in the "Digital Bank" category
Millennium investment banking
- Europe M&A deal of the year, for advisory services on the acquisition of shareholding in Brisa, according to the PFI Awards 2020
- Euromoney - Best Bank 2021 in Mozambique
- "The Innovaters 2021" by Global Finance awards Millennium bim
- "Best Foreign Exchange 2021" in Mozambique for Global Finance (2021)
- Best Trade Finance Provider in Mozambique from Global Finance (2020)
- Best Private Bank in Mozambique from Global Finance (2020)
- Best Digital Bank 2020 in Mozambique according to Global Finance
- Bank of the year 2020 in Mozambique, for the 13th time, from The Banker magazine
- Distinguished for its response to the global crisis resulting from the pandemic by Global Finance
- Best Bank 2021 in Poland, according to Global Finance
- Best FX Provider 2021 in Poland from Global Finance
- The Innovators 2021 award by Global Finance for "outstanding innovations in retail banking" category, for the Open Banking Services solution
- CSR Golden Leaf Award 21 from "Polytika" magazine for the implementation of the strictest corporate social responsibility standards
- Climate Leaders Poland 2021 (best ranked bank, 2nd among all companies), according to Forbes ranking
- Bank Millennium: ranked 2nd in "Poland's Best Employer", banking and financial services category, according to Forbes ranking
- 1st in the "Mortgage Loans" category, 2nd in "Corporate Social Responsibility" and 3rd in the "Best Quality in Multichannel Service" category according to "Złoty Bankier"
- Among the 10 most digitally advanced European banks in Bain & Company's ranking
- Best performing Polish company in the SRP Europe awards
- Best Digital Bank in Poland from Global Finance (2020)
- Best Website Design in Central and Eastern Europe from Global Finance (2020)
Note: These awards are the exclusive responsibility of the entities that awarded them.