Banco Comercial Português, with its decision centre in Portugal, operates and acts with respect for people and institutions, focusing on the Customer, pursuing a mission of excellence, trust, ethics and responsibility, and is a distinguished leader in various financial business areas in the Portuguese market and a reference institution on an international level.
The Group provides a wide variety of banking services and financial activities in Portugal and abroad, where it is present in the following markets: Poland, Switzerland, Mozambique, Angola (through its associate BMA) and China. All its banking operations develop their activity under the Millennium brand. The Group has also been present in Asia since 1993, but it was only in 2010 that the activity of the existing Macao branch was expanded, through the attribution of a full license (onshore) aimed at establishing an international platform for business operations between Europe, China and Portuguese-speaking African countries.
In Portugal, Millennium bcp is focused on the retail and companies markets, providing services to its Customers in a segmented manner. The subsidiary companies generally provide their products through the Bank’s distribution networks, offering a wide range of products and services.
Millennium bcp is Portugal’s largest private sector banking institution, with a leading position and particular strength in various financial products, services and market segments, based on a modern branch network with good domestic coverage.
The domestic activity focuses on Retail Banking, which is segmented in order to best serve Customer interests, both through a value proposition based on innovation and speed targeted at Mass-Market Customers, and through the innovation and personalised management of service for Prestige, Business Customers, Companies, Corporates and Large Corporates. Retail Banking also operates through Activobank, a bank aimed specifically at Customers who are young in spirit, intensive users of new communication technologies and prefer a banking relationship based on simplicity and offering innovative products and services.
The Bank also offers remote banking channels (banking service by telephone and online), which operate as distribution points for its financial products and services.
At the end of June 2018, the Bank had 573 branches in Portugal (including 1 branch in Macao), serving over 2.2 million Customers, and held market shares of 17.3% in loans to Customers and 17.6% in customer deposits.
The BCP share is part of over 50 domestic and international stock exchange indexes, among which we highlight the Euronext PSI Financial Services, PSI 20, Euronext 150, and NYSE Euronext Iberian.
Main awards received
During the first half of 2018, the Group's Banks received several awards, of which the following are noteworthy:
- Millennium bcp has been awarded in the Euronext Lisbon Awards 2018, winning in two categories: "Best Capital Market Promotion Initiative", with the trading platform MTrader, and "Most Active Trading House in Warrants & Certificates", given to the Euronext Lisbon member with the highest warrants and certificates trading volume in 2017.
- Millennium bcp has been named "Best Foreign Exchange Bank" in Portugal by the international financial magazine, Global Finance.
- Miguel Bragança was elected the best CFO for Investor Relations in Portugal by Extel.
- Millennium bim named "Best Bank in Mozambique 2018" for the 9th consecutive year by the international financial magazine Global Finance.
- Millennium bim named Mozambique's Best Bank for Trade Finance by the international financial magazine, Global Finance.
- Bank Millennium was one of the winners of the 6th edition of The Innovators annual contest, organized by Global Finance magazine.