Banco Comercial Português, with its decision centre in Portugal, operates and acts with respect for people and institutions, focusing on the Customer, pursuing a mission of excellence, trust, ethics and responsibility, and is a distinguished leader in various financial business areas in the Portuguese market and a reference institution on an international level.
The Group provides a wide variety of banking services and financial activities in Portugal and abroad, where it is present in the following markets: Poland, Switzerland, Mozambique, Angola (through its associate BMA) and China. All its banking operations develop their activity under the Millennium brand. The Group has also been present in Asia since 1993, but it was only in 2010 that the activity of the existing Macao branch was expanded, through the attribution of a full license (onshore) aimed at establishing an international platform for business operations between Europe, China and Portuguese-speaking African countries.
In Portugal, Millennium bcp is focused on the retail and companies markets, providing services to its Customers in a segmented manner. The subsidiary companies generally provide their products through the Bank's distribution networks, offering a wide range of products and services.
Millennium bcp is Portugal's largest private sector banking institution, with a leading position and particular strength in various financial products, services and market segments, based on a modern branch network with good domestic coverage.
The domestic activity focuses on Retail Banking, which is segmented in order to best serve Customer interests, both through a value proposition based on innovation and speed targeted at Mass-Market Customers, and through the innovation and personalised management of service for Private, Prestige, Business Customers, Companies, Corporates and Large Corporates. Retail Banking also operates through Activobank, a bank aimed specifically at Customers who are young in spirit, intensive users of new communication technologies and prefer a banking relationship based on simplicity and offering innovative products and services.
The Bank also offers remote banking channels (banking service by telephone and online), which operate as distribution points for its financial products and services.
At the end of December 2018, the Bank had 546 branches in Portugal (including 1 branch in Macao), serving over 2.3 million Customers, and held market shares of 17.4% in loans to Customers and 17.7% in customer deposits.
The BCP share is part of over 50 domestic and international stock exchange indexes, among which we highlight the Euro Stoxx 600 Banks, the Euro Stoxx Banks, the PSI 20 index, the Euronext 150 and the NYSE Euronext Iberian indexes.
Main awards received
- Millennium bcp was distinguished as Consumer Choice 2019,"Large Banks" category;
- Millennium bcp electeds Best Bank for Companies; Most Appropriate Products; Most Innovating; Most Efficient; Closest to Customers, in Portugal, Data E.
- Millennium bcp was distinguished in the Euronext Lisbon Awards 2018, having won in the categories "Best Capital Market Promotion Initiative", with the stock exchange trading platform - MTrader -, and "Most Active Trading House in Warrants & Certificates", attributed to the member of the Euronext Lisbon with the highest number of trades in Warrants and Certificates in 2017;
- Millennium bcp was elected as the "Best Foreign Exchange Bank" in Portugal, by the financial magazine Global Finance;
- Millennium bcp was distinguished with three awards in "Best Digital Bank Awards" of the magazine Global Finance: "Best Consumer Digital Bank" in Portugal, "Best Online Deposit", "Credit and Investment Product Offerings" and "Best Information Security and Fraud Management" in Western Europe;
- Millennium bcp was elected, for the second time, as "Best Private Banking" in Portugal by The Banker, a publication of the Financial Times specialized in financial services;
- Election of the Millennium investment banking as "Best Investment Bank" in Portugal, by the magazine Euromoney;
- ActivoBank distinguished in the category Best App/Website of Financial Services by the ACEPI Navegantes XXI Awards;
- Bank Millennium was one of the winners of the 6th edition of the annual competition "The Innovators", organized by the financial magazine Global Finance;
- Bank Millennium was distinguished in the Newsweek's Friendly Bank 2018 ranking, receiving awards in all categories: 1st place in Mobile Banking, 2nd place in "Bank for Mr. Kowalski " and 3rd in Internet Banking and Mortgage Banking;
- Millennium bim was distinguished as the "Best Bank in Mozambique 2018" for the 9th consecutive year by the financial magazine Global Finance;
- Millennium bim was elected the "Best Bank in Mozambique", in the area of trade finance providers, in 2017, by the financial magazine Global Finance;
- Attribution for the fifth consecutive time, of the award "Best Bank operating in Mozambique " to Millennium bim, distinguishing this institution for its performance in the domestic banking sector by the magazine Euromoney;
- Distinction of Millennium bim for its performance in the Mozambican banking sector, this time as "Best Digital Bank in Mozambique 2018", by the magazine Global Finance.
These awards are the exclusive responsibility of the entities that awarded them.