Banco Comercial Português, with its decision centre in Portugal, operates and acts with respect for people and institutions, focusing on the Customer, pursuing a mission of excellence, trust, ethics and responsibility, and is a distinguished leader in various financial business areas in the Portuguese market and a reference institution on an international level.
The Group provides a wide variety of banking services and financial activities in Portugal and abroad, where it is present in the following markets: Poland, Switzerland, Mozambique, Angola (through its associate BMA) and China. All its banking operations develop their activity under the Millennium brand. The Group has also been present in Asia since 1993, but it was only in 2010 that the activity of the existing Macao branch was expanded, through the attribution of a full license (onshore) aimed at establishing an international platform for business operations between Europe, China and Portuguese-speaking African countries.
In Portugal, Millennium bcp is focused on the retail and companies markets, providing services to its Customers in a segmented manner. The subsidiary companies generally provide their products through the Bank's distribution networks, offering a wide range of products and services.
Millennium bcp is Portugal's largest private sector banking institution, with a leading position and particular strength in various financial products, services and market segments, based on a modern branch network with good domestic coverage.
The domestic activity focuses on Retail Banking, which is segmented in order to best serve Customer interests, both through a value proposition based on innovation and speed targeted at Mass-Market Customers, and through the innovation and personalised management of service for Private, Prestige, Business Customers, Companies, Corporates and Large Corporates. Retail Banking also operates through Activobank, a bank aimed specifically at Customers who are young in spirit, intensive users of new communication technologies and prefer a banking relationship based on simplicity and offering innovative products and services.
The bank also offers remote banking channels (banking service by telephone and online), which operate as distribution points for its financial products and services.
At the end of 2020, the bank had 478 branches in Portugal (including one branch in Macao), serving over 2.4 million customers, with particular emphasis on the expansion of the mobile Customer base: a 29% increase year-on-year, to 967,000 customers.
At the group level the bank has 1,380 branches, and serves more than 5.7 million customers, also with strong growth in mobile to around 2.7 million customers, a 22% increase year-on-year.
BCP’s stock is listed on more than 50 domestic and international stock exchange indexes, including the Euronext 150, the PSI 20 and the PSI Geral Index.
Main awards received
- Consumer Choice 2021, “Large banks” category
- Main bank for companies; most appropriate products; most efficient; closest to Customers (Data E - Barómetro Financeiro 2020)
- “PME Líder ’20” programme: largest number of awards among participating banks (3rd year in a row)
- Best Digital bank 2020 in Portugal according to Global Finance
- Best Information Security and Fraud Management in Western Europe 2020, according to Global Finance
- Best Digital Bank and Best Bank for Companies (3rd year in a row) from Brandscore
- Best Homebanking Website, from the readers of PCGUIA magazine.
- Marketeer magazine award, "Banking" category 2020 (4th year in a row)
- Best FX Provider 2021 in Portugal according to Global Finance
- 5 Stars Award 2020 in the "Digital Bank" category
- Consumer's Choice 2021 in the "Digital Bank" category
- Best Commercial Bank, Best Consumer Digital Bank and Best Mobile Banking App, in Portugal by World Finance (2020)
Millennium investment banking
- Europe M&A deal of the year, for advisory services on the acquisition of shareholding in Brisa, according to the PFI Awards 2020
- Best Bank in Mozambique (11th year in a row) from Global Finance (2020)
- Best Trade Finance Provider in Mozambique from Global Finance (2020)
- Best Private Bank in Mozambique from Global Finance (2020)
- Best Digital Bank 2020 in Mozambique according to Global Finance
- Bank of the year 2020 in Mozambique, for the 13th time, from The Banker magazine
- Distinguished for its response to the global crisis resulting from the pandemic by Global Finance
- Most Innovative Banking Services in Mozambique by cfi.co - Banking awards 2020
- Joined the WIG-ESG index of the Warsaw Stock Exchange for socially Responsible Companies, ranking 4th
- Best Digital Bank in Poland from Global Finance (2020)
- Best Website Design in Central and Eastern Europe from Global Finance (2020)
- Best Trade Finance Provider 2020 in Poland from Global Finance
- Best FX Provider 2021 in Poland from Global Finance
- European customer centricity award, “Complaints” category, attributed to the “Embrace the Problem” project
- Most recommended bank and leader in customer satisfaction (“Customer satisfaction monitor of retail banks ARC Rynek i Opinia”)
- Best online banking, best mobile banking and best remote account opening process in Poland (“Institutions of the year 2020” ranking)
- CSR Golden Leaf Award from “Polytika” magazine for the implementation of the strictest corporate social responsibility standards
- Winner in the “Digital” and in the “People’s choice” categories of the “TOP CDR Technologically Responsible Company” award
- Climate Leaders Poland 2021 (best ranked bank, 2nd among all companies), according to Forbes ranking
- Institutions of the Year 2020 ranking, distinguished for Customer Quality Service in five categories
- Service Quality Star for quality of service (as evaluated by a consumer survey)
- Winner in the overall ranking “Banks as assessed by Clients 2020” by the Polish Quality Research Institute
- 1st in growth, 2nd in Customer relationship and 3rd for overall achievement and for innovation (“Stars of banking” Dziennik Gazetę Prawną/PwC)
Note: These awards are the exclusive responsibility of the entities that awarded them.