Millennium bcp supports Movimento ECO 2017...
Millennium bcp renewed in 2017 the partnership with Movimento ECO - Companies Against Fires, a project that aims to contribute to the prevention of forest fires and raise public awareness to risk behaviours.
The 11th multi-media campaign has recently started calling for the importance of fire prevention and elimination of risk behaviors, which, in 2017, has the involvement of new "ambassadors" and a new alert so that the cleaning of the existing forests near houses is done in a timely manner.
"The partnership between Millennium bcp and the Movimento ECO, which we have now renewed for the fourth consecutive year, is a clear testimony of the Bank's commitment to the preservation of the natural heritage. We know the importance of reducing the number of fires, protecting people, forest and minimizing the economic and social impact of fires, but we also know that one of the most effective ways of achieving this is to prevent risky behavior and alert Consequences. It is this conviction that has motivated us to participate in a collective effort that obliges us all.", emphasizes Paulo Neves (Sustainability).
Started in 2007, the Movimento ECO is nowadays one of the most significant corporate social responsibility initiatives in Portugal. With origins in the civil society, but also with the continued support of the ministries of Internal Affairs and of Agriculture, was created with the purpose to bring together the efforts of companies in preventing and fighting forest fires.
The main objective is triggering the social responsibility of companies and institutions in forest protection, boosting the spread to the society of messages of prevention, elimination and control of risk behaviour.
The Portuguese forest plays an essential role in the economy and sustainable development of the country. For this reason, are primary goals of the Movimento ECO:
- Collaborate actively in forest preservation, a strategic resource for the development of the country;
- Making civil society to the need to preserve the forest and public awareness to risk behaviour;
- Mobilize citizens to an attitude of active civic participation in forest protection;
- Reduce the number of fires and area burned;
- Form young people, warning of the importance of preserving the forest;
- Stimulate and raise awareness among companies and institutions for thedissemination of messages of prevention of risk behaviour among citizens.
PORTUGAL WITHOUT FIRES DEPENDS OF ALL OF US.