This is a Pre-Paid Card to be used in the Visa Electron international network:
- It is safer than carrying cash or cheques.
- You pay no fees on purchases/payments abroad, regardless of your destination.
- It provides broad travel protection: insurance against Unexpected Events and Accidents while travelling, and Assistance to Individuals while Travelling Abroad.
- Makes it easier to control spending. Charges a fixed fee on its use: 5 € for withdrawals outside the European Economic Area, or inside the European Economic Area in currencies other than Euros, Swedish Kronor and Romanian Lei. Plus Stamp Tax.
- It functions just like a debit card with control over the available balance. You only spend what you charge it with.
The Free Travel Card is the right solution for both the occasional or frequent traveller.
Fees and Commissions
Annual fee of € 25 (plus Stamp Tax).
Please see our for further information.
Broad travel protection: insurance against Unexpected Events and Accidents while Travelling and Assistance to Individuals while travelling outside Portugal. Check the Guide.
- You pay no fees on purchases abroad, regardless of your destination. Fixed 5€ fee for withdrawals outside the European Economic Area, or inside the European Economic Area in currencies other than Euros, Swedish Kronor and Romanian Lei. Plus Stamp Tax;
- Regardless of the Current Account, you can control it and only spend the card's balance;
- The daily amount you top up your card with may vary between 5 € and 2,500 €. Annual limit: 10.000 €;
- Monthly e-Statement.
Subscribe to the e-Statement and receive your Free card statement by e-mail, with all its advantages!
You can also subscribe to the Alerts Service
and you'll be warned whenever there is a new document available for consultation.
- The card is renewed automatically at the end of the validity term.
You can also top up your Free Travel Card online, using Mobile or at an ATM.
At any moment, you can view the card's balance and debit/credit charges.
How to apply for a card
Go here to request your card and just
- Choose the Current Account you wish to associate to the Card.
- Carefully read and confirm that you read and accept the General Conditions for the Travel card
- Confirm that you wish to request the card.