False messages using the name Millennium bcp - Do not open the links
Following the alerts published previously, we identified a new message allegedly sent by Millennium bcp and received by several Customers and non Customers with the subject:"Mensagem #00942366", saying "A sua conta foi suspensa".
Example of the e-mail sent:
It represents another case of Phishing wherein when you access the link, a login page similar to the one presented by Millennium bcp, but located on other websites, appears:
The message requests the Username and, after continuing in the page, it requests the full Multichannel Code as well as an Authorisation Code, obtained via SMS or Token to "sua identidade para desbloquear a sua conta" as shown below:
We recall that:
- Millennium bcp does not send electronic messages with links;
- The Millennium bcp's website is accessed using a User Code and three random positions of the Multichannel Code and Millennium bcp never requests the full code, therefore any such request is a fraud attempt;
- Please read carefully the SMS's received containing the Authorisation Codes since the transaction data are identified in the SMS;
- Phishing aims to, abusively, steal personal data through messages that take the user to fake websites, imitating those you usually access and requesting that you enter confidential data;
- Analyse the e-mails you receive before opening them, always confirming the source and the subject, if possible, with the issuer;
- Avoid opening links to external websites as well as opening executable files;
- Never provide personal information or data in an e-mail reply;
- When accessing confidential access websites, check the address and make sure you are on a secure webpage (https:// + lock);
- Install (if you haven't done so yet) an antivirus software and update it regularly.
Remember: The protection of your assets and of your computer depends on you!
If you ever find something out of place at ind.millenniumbcp.pt or if you need further information please call us on 91 827 24 24 | 93 522 24 24 | 96 599 24 24 | +351 21 005 24 24 (from Portugal or abroad) (Personal Assistance 24/7).
You can read all the Security information here. (Companies)
You can read all the Security information here. (Individuals)