We have been alerted that several clients of Millennium bcp received calls from alleged employees from credible entities, such as:
- Millennium bcp, or Microsoft, informing that they detected security failures in the accesses or computer malfunctions;
- funds investment companies guaranteeing yields above the ones used by the market.
Accordingly, they tell the user that it is necessary to access remotely to the computer and, after a few minutes of conversation, they persuade the user to access homebanking.
With this remote access authorized by you, they may copy files and install malware and you won't even notice it and make bank transactions with your help.
They indicate that they are simulating transactions and request the Authorization Codes by phone, with the justification that they are testing the computer.
The purpose of this fraudulent contact is also to get our customer's bank data.
In case you receive a phone call from alleged credible entities, you:
- should NOT allow the remote access to your computer, when the contact is made by third parties and you are unable to confirming the veracity of the identification;
- should NOT supply bank access codes or Authorization Codes; please remember that these Codes are personal and not transferable;
- should NOT supply data from bank cards for an alleged payment of the services provided;
- should NOT supply any personal data.
We recommend you to hang up the call and contact the entity directly, in order to confirm that the contact is legitimate.
It represents an attempt of Vishing, a word in English that combines the words voice and phishing whose aim is to steal your data or personal information, such as credit card numbers, passwords, or other data.
Please be reminded that...
Remember: The protection of your assets and of your computer depends on you!
If you ever find something out of place at www.millenniumbcp.pt/en or if you need further information
please contact us using BancoMail or,
alternatively, by telephone on
707502424 / 918272424 / 935222424 / 965992424 (domestic call)
or +351707502424 / +351210052424 (international call).
Calls to 707 50 24 24 are charged at a maximum of 0.10€ per minute if using a land line;
if you call this number
using a mobile network
the maximum charge per minute will be 0.25€.
These charges are subject to VAT.