False messages using the name Millennium bcp - Do not open the links
We have been alerted that several Clients and non Clients received e-mail messages supposedly sent by Millennium bcp with the subject "Importante!", informing the Client that he/she/it has a message “tem uma mensagem importante" that can be read by opening a link.
Example of the e-mail sent:
It represents another case of Phishing wherein when you access the link, a login page similar to the one presented by Millennium bcp but located at another website, appears.
The message requests the User Code and, after continuing in the page, it requests three positions of the Multichannel Code, followed by requesting the other four positions (the full multichannel code), as well as an Authorisation Code, obtained via SMS or Token as shown below:
Please be reminded that:
- Millennium bcp does not send electronic messages with links;
- The Millennium bcp's website is accessed using a User Code and three random positions of the Multichannel Code and Millennium bcp never requests the full code, therefore any such request is a fraud attempt.
- Please read carefully the SMS received containing the Authorisation Codes since the transaction data are identified in the SMS;
- Phishing aims to, abusively, steal personal data through messages that take the user to fake websites, imitating those you usually access and requesting that you enter confidential data.
- Analyse the e-mails you receive before opening them, always confirming the source and the subject, if possible, with the issuer;
- Avoid opening links to external websites as well as opening executable files;
- Never provide personal information or data in an e-mail reply;
- When accessing confidential access websites, check the address and make sure you are on a secure webpage (https:// + lock);
- Install (if you haven't done so yet) an antivirus software and update it regularly.
Remember: The protection of your assets and of your computer depends on you!
You can read all the Security information here. (Companies)
You can read all the Security information here. (Individuals)
If you ever find something out of place at www.millenniumbcp.pt/en or if you need further information
please contact us using Banco Mail or, alternatively, by telephone on
918272424 / 935222424 / 965992424 (domestic call)
or +351210052424 (international call).
The cost of the calls depends on the specific prices agreed by you with your telecommunication operator.